As of Monday, March 22nd 2021
- A MAXIMUM OF 18 STUDENTS are permitted to attend the class.
- Baran’s Kenpo Karate has stocked up on hand sanitizer to have more than enough to provide to our members.
- In the bathrooms, motion sensor soap dispensers and paper towel dispensers have been installed to limit the number of touched surfaces.
- Distance Dots have been placed on the floors of the lobby to ensure social distancing is occurring.
- A plexiglass shield has been placed in front of the front desk to limit contact with Miss Mackenzie and Mr. Bryan
- The chairs and table in the lobby have been removed.
- The chairs on the training floors have been spaced to indicate social distancing while spectating class.
- Students/Parents will need to sign up PRIOR to attending class.
- There are markers/boxes on the training floor for students to stand on to ensure social distancing.
- Deep cleaning of the lobby, bathrooms, and training floors will be conducted after each class ends.
Expectations of Patrons
- Students will be expected to come to class fully dressed and ready for class.
- The public water fountain will not be used for drinking. Students are encouraged to bring a personal water bottle with a sealable lid.
- Students must wear socks at all times. There will be no bare feet permitted on the floors.
- Students must wear masks while entering the building. Masks need to be worn at all times. (During class, in the lobby, using the restrooms, etc.)
- Students must remain in their designated spots at all times unless otherwise instructed.
- Students will use hand-sanitizer upon entering and exiting the karate school. We will provide this to you.
- Students should communicate with their instructor immediately if they begin feeling sick during class.
- Parents are expected to sign their students up to attend their class prior to
attending to ensure fair access to all members. LINK: https://baranskenpo.as.me/ or download the App ‘Acuity Scheduling Client’ on the App Store/Google Play Store
- Livestreams of the class are still available should you prefer to watch class from your car.
- Parents will have access to private zoom information to view the class and their student.
- In the event a parent needs to come in, please call the front desk so Miss. Mackenzie or Mr. Bryan can best assist you.
- In the event a parent needs to come in, please use the distancing dots on the floor to ensure proper distance is maintained.
- Like the students, parents must be wearing their masks at all times while in the building.
- All staff will have their temperature taken prior to entering the building.
- All staff will be wearing a mask or cloth face covering at all times.
- Instructors will be wearing socks at all times on the training floors.
- Instructors will maintain a 6-foot distance from all students at all times.
- The instructor will have a list of students that signed up for class each day. Anyone not on this list will not be permitted entry into the building.
Entry Procedure and Exit Procedure
- All entry and exit will be done through the front door, but is subject to change.
- Parents should come into the building or meet their child at the front door when class ends.
- Hand sanitizer will be readily available for everyone to use when they enter and exit the building.
- All students/parents will walk in through the front door.
- Students DO NOT need to grab their attendance cards. The instructor and front desk will take attendance.
Students will put their shoes on the shoe rack, but leave their socks on.
- Shoe racks will be labeled to space out the shoes.
- Following the markings on the tile, students will make their way to the training floor where they will be met by the head instructor.
- The head instructor will ask students to use hand sanitizer on their way on to the training floor.
- The head instructor will direct the students to their designated spots on the floor.
- When a student is dismissed, their parent should leave with them.
- Should parents decide to wait in their car, an instructor or front desk manager will escort them safely out of the building. Parents should line up outside the school using the social distancing marks to wait for their child.
- After students finish putting on their shoes, they will leave out the front door.
In order to keep our community safe, we must follow all quarantine guidelines given from the Governor and the Department of Health.